Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Planter's Progress

It's raining today, but in the last few days I've made some progress in getting things planted. Tomato, eggplant, pepper, dill, and fennel seeds are in those Jiffy-Pellet things, and onion sets and potato plants are in the ground.

Lifting the little potato plants, started from actual tiny seeds, out of the flat before planting was a bit tricky. The plants had grown enough that there was some tangling, but in the soil, connected to the underground parts, were tiny potatoes. You can see a couple in this picture:



When the ground dries enough to work again, I will be planting (outside) seeds of lettuces, spinach, carrots, and beets (probably more, but this is what I remember right now). The forecast out to a week shows no freezing weather.

I have lettuces and spinach in little six-packs to plant out, too. It really feels like spring, now!

The daffodils in the yard opened today, but the rain means I'm not taking a picture yet. Instead, I have a picture of the purple crocus from a few days ago.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, what a wonderful blog. A friend who attended the Cobb county Master Gardener Lunch and Learn on Friday recommended it to me. We are looking for someone to talk to our Garden Club Thursday night about creating an organic herb garden. Let's talk - lorie.english@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorie,

    I'm happy to hear that your friend enjoyed the talk and that you've enjoyed reading the blog. I do like to spread the word about gardening, especially about growing edible plants!

    If I had more advance notice, I could put together a talk for your group, but the month of March and early April are pretty full for me. Try later in the spring, maybe late April or May?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...