Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finally!

We were starting to feel a little left out, but we finally got enough snow to feel as though we actually have snow. Anyone from further north, or even Dallas-Ft. Worth (my sister there got 14 inches from this same weather system), isn't going to agree that 2 inches counts as snow, but I spent the morning sledding down the road in front of our house, and that is good enough for me.



The snow also provided evidence that I can't relax my vigilance this spring in protecting my garden from the bunnies. Not having seen them recently doesn't mean they've gone away. The woods behind the house are full of their very visible tracks.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I'm with you on the protection thing... I am normally stringing up my pea trellises right now but this year I don't think I will attempt to plant them until March, we have been getting snow so often that everyone in Virginia Beach is actually starting to get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, We usually get a little warm spell right at the end of February. The trout lilies bloom as the warmth arrives, and I plant peas then. This year has been cold enough that I may have to wait, too, but I will keep checking the trout lilies. I figure they're a better judge of soil temperatures than I am.

    Hope your kids are having fun with the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...