Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the Road

Tomorrow I am heading to Macon for a conference called "Caring for Creation: A Scientific and Theological Response." I am really looking forward to this because Sharon Astyk, author of the Casaubon's Book blog I have been reading for YEARS is giving two of the talks. I can't wait!

In addition, a guy named Farmer D is giving a talk. His name comes up a lot in the local gardening community, and I have never seen him in action, so I am very interested in hearing what he has to say. (Seeing pictures of him on his website left me shaking my head. What does it say about my age when the experts look young enough to be my children? Don't answer! I know...)

Of course, I will be hearing more people than just these two, which makes the trip south, through Atlanta during the morning rush hour, even more worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm planning on being at the conference too (assuming no one turns up sick). I haven't decided which other talk to go to other than Sharon's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great! I am planning to be there early enough for the 10:00 a.m. talk.

    Hope we find each other, but I do know what you mean about "assuming no one turns up sick." Anything can happen in just a few short hours, especially when there are kids involved!

    Amy, NE of Atlanta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...