Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Food All Around

My little garden is just about ready to explode with food. We are still getting the earliest veggies: green beans, chard, lettuce (a miracle!), cherry tomatoes, and zucchini. In addition, we’re beginning to get cucumbers and peppers, and the first of the eggplants and okra will be ready in just a few days.

We ate the first trombocino squash last night, and we have been eating blueberries for a few days now. In addition, the onions and garlic that were pulled out of the ground earlier this month will keep us from needing to buy more of those for at least a couple of months. None of the big tomatoes are ready yet, but some are beginning to change to a deeper shade of green. If we are lucky, other colors (red! pink!) will follow shortly afterwards.

We have yet to dump out the big pots that are growing potato plants. I am hoping for enough potatoes to last three months, but the world doesn’t revolve around me and my desires, so I will just have to take what I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...